TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The ARIADNI website and material relating to Government information, products and services is provided 'as is' without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including but not limited to the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
Once materials have been downloaded from the ARIADNI website, it is your responsibility to keep them safe. ARIADNI cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, liability, claim, demand or damages arising from the download and subsequent use of these materials.
We do not warrant that the functions contained in the material on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that this site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, or any loss or damages whatsoever arising from the use, or loss of use, of data, or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of the ARIADNI website.
Our website is maintained for your personal use and viewing. Access and use by you of our site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. They take effect from the date on which you first use this website. We may at any time revise these terms and conditions without notice, and therefore they should be regularly checked. The continued use of the site after a change has been made is your acceptance of the change.
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restrictions or inhibitions includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful, or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, and the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
Information collected is used for internal review, to improve or customise the content and/or layout of the site, and to provide information services to the site users. It is not shared with other organisations for commercial purposes.
A number of our online services have specific terms and conditions related to their use. You will be asked to confirm acceptance of these when using them for the first time.
For detailed guidance please refer to the FAQ section.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
The material featured on this site is subject to Crown Copyright and/or third party copyright, details of which can be found in our ARIADNI Copyright License.
The names, images and logos identifying ARIADNI are proprietary marks of ARIADNI. Copying our logos and/or any other third party logos accessed through this site is not permitted without prior approval from the relevant copyright owner.
ARIADNI does not approve, accredit or endorse tax agents or allow them to use the logo in their advertising.
It is not allowed Agents to advertise as registered or authorised agents of ARIADNI.
Linking to ARIADNI
You do not have to ask permission to link directly to pages hosted on this site. We do not object to you linking directly to the information that is hosted on our site. However, we do not permit our pages to be loaded into frames on your site. ARIADNI pages must load into the user's entire window.
Links to External Websites
ARIADNI is not responsible for the contents or reliability of any other websites to which we provide a link and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed with them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times and have no control over the availability of the linked pages. In particular ARIADNI is not responsible for any privacy policies on external websites and we recommend you read the relevant statements on any other websites your visit. ARIADNI is not responsible for the direct or indirect consequences of you linking to any other website from this website.
We make all reasonable attempts to check and test material at all stages of production, and to exclude viruses from this website. It is always wise for you to run an up to date anti-virus program on all the material downloaded from the Internet. We cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system, which may occur whilst using material derived from ARIADNI website.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Cyprus. Any dispute arising under these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Cyprus.
These Terms and Conditions are will be updated regularly without further notice.
ARIADNI COPYRIGHT LICENSE
You may use and re-use the information featured on this website (not including logos) free of charge in any format or medium, under the following terms:
You are encouraged to use and re-use the Information that is available freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions.
You are free to:
You must, where you do any of the above:
- copy, publish, distribute and transmit the Information;
- adapt the Information;
- exploit the Information commercially and non-commercially for example, by combining it with other Information, or by including it in your own product or application.
Exemptions: This does not cover:
- acknowledge the source of the Information by including any attribution statement specified by the Information Provider
- personal data in the Information;
- departmental or public sector organisation logos and crests
- third party rights the Information Provider is not authorised to license;
- other intellectual property rights, including patents, trade marks, and design rights; and
- identity documents such as the Cyprus Passport and Identity Card
This licence does not grant you any right to use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information.
The Information is licensed ‘as is’ and the Information Provider excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Information to the maximum extent permitted by law.
The Information Provider is not liable for any errors or omissions in the Information and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use. The Information Provider does not guarantee the continued supply of the Information.
In this notice of the ARIADNI copyright, the terms below have the following meanings:
means information protected by copyright or by database right (for example, literary and artistic works, content, data and source code) offered for use under the terms of this licence.
means the person or organisation providing the Information under this licence.
means doing any act which is restricted by copyright or database right, whether in the original medium or in any other medium, and includes without limitation distributing, copying, adapting, modifying as may be technically necessary to use it in a different mode or format.
means the natural or legal person, or body of persons corporate or incorporate, acquiring rights under this licence.
Making your Online Experience as Secure as Possible
Electronic communication and transactions are a key part of HM Revenue & Customs (ARIADNI) business. However, the advantages that online transactions provide can also give rise to the risk of fraud - individuals claiming to be someone they are not, and obtaining information they are not entitled to.
ARIADNI, in common with all providers of online services, is committed to your security - but you need to be alert.
ARIADNI continuously monitors systems and customer records to guard against fraudulent activity. The methods fraudsters use to obtain the information they want is constantly changing, so ARIADNI provides regular updates on the type of scams it is aware of. The main risk involves stealing identities or online access details.
Please do everything you can to ensure that the identifiers and passwords you use when accessing ARIADNI systems are kept secure and updated regularly. You should not divulge your online User ID and password to anyone. Any suspicious activity should be reported to ARIADNI immediately.
How to Protect Yourself Online
HOW ARIADNI KEEPS YOU SAFE ONLINE?
- Login details: keep your login details secure. Do not write them down or tell anyone what they are, including ARIADNI staff or your accountant or tax adviser.
- Passwords: use strong passwords. Remember to make them unique so they cannot be easily guessed by someone else. They should always contain a mix of letters and numbers. Try to avoid using common phrases or anything obvious like your name or date of birth. Change your password regularly; we suggest that you do this at least once every three months.
- Unsolicited emails: be suspicious of unsolicited emails, even if they look like they're from a trusted source.
ARIADNI will never send notifications of a tax rebate, or ask you to disclose personal or payment information by email. If you have any doubt that an email you receive from ARIADNI is genuine, please do not follow any links, disclose any personal details or respond to it. Please forward it to ARIADNI at firstname.lastname@example.org
ARIADNI is unable to investigate paper copies of phishing emails/websites. In order for us to take any action, you will need to forward the original phishing email to email@example.com Anti-virus software
Make sure your computer has anti-virus and anti-spyware software, and that it is continually updated allowing it to check the contents of the files on your computer against the information it holds about known viruses.
- Personal firewall and secure wireless network: make sure any computer which connects to the internet has appropriate firewall protection to block any unauthorised connections being made. If you're using a wireless network, ensure it is secure.
- Update your web browser: use the most up to date version of your preferred web browser, this could reduce your chance of falling victim to online phishing scams, by displaying messages to alert you.
- Keep your operating system up to date: make sure you download and install updates regularly.
- Mobile Devices: if you are using mobile devices to communicate with ARIADNI make sure that you use anti-virus software relevant to that device. Security for mobile devices is just as important as for your home computer.
- Social Networking: please be careful about the detail you provide when social networking. Never disclose personal information.
- Sensitive information: never enter sensitive information such as account details, PINs or passwords via a website link within an email.
- Secure websites: ensure websites are secure - look for the prefix 'https' and a locked padlock or unbroken key symbol. Check the authenticity of a secure website by double clicking on the symbol.
Please do everything you can to ensure that the identifiers and passwords you use when accessing ARIADNI systems are kept secure and updated regularly.
- Attachments and emails: beware of attachments and emails - even if they appear innocent, they could contain a virus designed to steal your personal information.
- Websites charging for services: some websites offer services which ARIADNI will provide free of charge. These include premium rate connection charges to ARIADNI Helplines. Please use the Contact us link or the firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to speak to ARIADNI. This link can also be found at the top of all ARIADNI web pages.
HM Revenue & Customs (ARIADNI) take online security very seriously. Here are just some of the measures they take to protect you and your data.
Secure sign in
ARIADNI Online Services are only available to customers who register their details. Every time you log in, you must enter your User ID and password (or the credential you have used for signing in) before you can access your services.
If you've forgotten to log out of your online service ARIADNI take care of this for you. After 15 minutes of inactivity you will be automatically logged out.
When finally leaving the ARIADNI website, it is good practice to close your internet browser.
ARIADNI uses firewall protection as a very effective high security barrier around its systems and your data. This detects any attempts at unauthorised entry.
Any page of the ARIADNI website which contains sensitive information is protected by a technology known as SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). This encrypts the data you send to ARIADNI via the internet. When you log in to their online services you are always protected - and this is shown by the padlock in the bottom right hand corner of your internet browser.
ARIADNI continually monitor their security measures and update and enhance them as necessary.
My last login date and time is incorrect
As an additional security measure ARIADNI shows the date and time that you last logged in to or online services. This is displayed once you have entered your User ID and password. If you believe the details displayed are incorrect it is important that you report the matter to our Online Services Helpdesk immediately.